To be a Centre for excellence in Mass Communication Training and Research in the region.
To ensure quality service provision to students and to guarantee that the department is responsive to market needs in the areas of institutional communication, electronic and print media.
1. To train personnel on research and national development.
2. To train journalists who can sub and report proficiently in the new world order
3. To train communication specialist who can handle institutional communication needs and also be responsive to new emergent situations.
4. To train students on electronic media and how they can use that to transmit news and programmes to mass media audience.
5. To enhance staff training and development so as to improve service, products, methods and environment.
6. To promote linkages that would qualitatively improve departmental training and research objective.